Happy Friday! It has been a long couple of weeks at the day job, and I have been looking forward to the weekend since Monday. And as usual nothing gets me in a better place for the weekend than hearing some love. I am so excited to have Victoria from the amazing lifestyle blog Vmac+Cheese today. Victoria's blog is one of those beautiful places you can go to always know you will find something fresh and new. Read on to find out what Victoria is loving about herself...
"1. I love that I am so independent. I had a somewhat unique childhood (nothing truly horrible, I promise, but I also promise you it was unique), and it forced me to become resourceful, self-sufficient, and on top of things. While sometimes I'm still working through my interesting early years, I can appreciate that it also made me such a self-starter, ambitious, fiercely organized, and an independent gal! These are traits I wouldn't trade for anything.
2. I love my hair. I can't believe I can write that, because yes, there are still some days when it still drives me crazy. I used to hate my hair all through middle and high school. It's very wavy, there's a lot of it, and it's super thick. However, I've learned I have the perfect chameleon hair. I can make it stick straight, curl it into ringlets, or easily air dry it into nice beachy waves. It's taken years of practice and a little experimentation, but I'd rather have my crazy mop of hair that can do anything you want it to do instead of one dimensional hair that I can only wear one way.
3. I love that I am loyal. I am the kind of person that has a small circle of extremely close friends. Once you're in the circle, you're there for life, and you basically have my undying love and loyalty. I would do anything for my closest friends.
4. I love that I'm an only child. This one might surprise people, and no, it's not because I'm an attention seeker! :) I actually think that being an only child forced me to learn to self-soothe and entertain myself when I was little. This has worked well for me as an adult. It takes very little for me to let my mind wander or feel creative, and I can often just sit places and not mind being alone with my own thoughts. It's perfect any time I go to the DMV!
5. I love to read. I've always loved it. And I think learning to love to read from an early age made me a much better writer, and it made any writing based exams or assignments in school MUCH easier.
6. I love that I'm a very decisive person. At least about things that I care about or have an opinion on. My friends will tell you that I'm good at setting boundaries, saying what I mean, being frank, honest, and open with people. I think this comes from a place of always trying to know myself really well, and in turn, I just end up being more decisive. Things I am not decisive about: my fiance would say that whenever we want to order takeout, I can never decide what I want. But that's only because everything sounds so delicious!
Thanks so much to Jessica for having me over today! This was an interesting exercise and actually made me feel proud of myself. :)"
I think my favorite part is the love Victoria has for being an only child and finding all the good in how it helped her become the amazing, independent woman she is today. I also have to share a little extra thank you to Victoria for being here today because she has some very special plans tomorrow. She is getting MARRIED! I still can't believe how kind she was to agree to do this guest post during what I know can be an exciting and crazy time. Please be sure to check out all the amazing things Vmac+Cheese has to offer. Thank you again Victoria and happy almost wedding day. Hope your Friday is filled with lotsa love...J