Happy Friday Friends! So excited to be introducing you to another amazing lady. Today we have Lindsey of the fun and sassy blog Caviar Taste, Tuna Fish Wallet, to share what she is loving about herself. I love checking in on Lindsey's life through her blog because it is always filled with fun and sparkly things. So there was no surprise for me that her "loves" show a spunky gal, who is never afraid to have fun and take chances. Keep reading to learn more about this lovable lady...
"When Jessica approached me about participating in her "Love You" series, I was immediately enthralled & obviously on board! I mean, think about it... These days the media makes it a little too easy to get carried away & pick ourselves apart. We've all done it. I think It's about time we sit down and think about all of our positive attributes. I am all for female empowerment. And as women it is important to feel comfortable in own skin. Finally after many years of battle this exact issue, I can finally say that I am comfortable in mine.
1. I go to the beat of my own drum. Ever since I was little, I always kind of did my own thing. To this day I am the same. If there is something I want to do, I do it. I am not one for trends (except when it comes to fashion... it tends to be my weakness).
2. I am a great listener & advice giver. When it comes to my family & friends, I am typically the one they go to when they need a vent session and/or advice. Listening has always been one of my strong points. I have been told over the years that I am an old soul & full of wisdom. Maybe it's because I still have my wisdom teeth... Who knows. But I am quite fascinated by people in general. Fun fact: I was a psychology major in college & wanted to be a clinical psychologist.
3. I am spontaneous. My mom explains this perfectly. I have a brother that is a couple of years older than me [he's pretty fantastic & typically plays it very safe]. When we were younger and would go swimming, my brother would always put one foot in the water at a time and ease his way into the pool. And then there was me.... I was that girl who would cannonball in without even looking at my surroundings or feeling the temperature of the pool.
4. I am impulsive. Over the years I have had my fair share of impulses. If it weren't for being so impulsive I may have never met my husband Jared. Immediately after graduating college in May 2008, I took a trip to visit my best friend Megan in New York City. The first night of my visit we went out with her new friends. She introduced me to Jared, my now husband, and we immediately hit it off. After seeing him a couple more times during my trip, something told me that I had to see him again. And that's when I decided to change my flight & go on a date with him. Two months later I moved up to New York and the rest was history. It is now September 2012 & we have been married for over a year & a half. Go figure!
5. I am a self starter. When I want something, I make it happen. One thing I am most proud of is moving to New York City. I made my way from Florida to NYC all on my own. While doing so, I've moved 5 times in 4 years (and I've certainly slept on my fair share of couches in the beginning). Now that I am married I hope to stay still for a little while. I have made a career for myself in advertising & created what I believe to be a pretty fantastic life. Now my newest venture is my blog, Caviar Taste, Tuna Fish Wallet. It's been such an incredible experience for me. I have met such wonderful people in the process. And most importantly learned so much about myself. I am beyond excited to see where it goes..."